Tuesday, June 7, 2011

DC may be ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT or INCREDIBLY STUPID. IE: What I think/hope DC may be doing.



"DON'T MIND THE MEN BEHIND THE CURTAIN."


It's been a shocking week for DC Fans. And the above quote kind of symbolizes the attitude that DC has given in being so mum on the new DCU aside from showing some covers.


I know you and I may differ on our opinions about what this new DC means however I have come up with a theory on why I believe that now is the time they need to start a new. I will outline certain aspects that go into my thinking and then I will tell you point blank what it is. 

DC Entertainment was put into place to maximize the opportunities of those that that our beloved characters can aspire to. They put someone like Dianne Nelson into power because she has a near flawless track record overseeing the Harry Potter franchise and making so that it was loyal in most aspects to the books that were written.

And now I think that it is entirely possible that DC Entertainment is finally doing what is necessary to take on the competition and why they have turned around on why they feel that they need a DC-ON-FILM universe. It is said that they want a Justice League film and a re-imagined Batman film by 2013. It's also said that Johns and Lee have something HUGE to bring to Hero Complex. A bombshell announcement. I don't know if they already screwed the pooch by telling everyone that things were changing. But they seem so sure that this new idea is going to work while the fans are outraged, and rightfully so in some cases. And these changes are the most radical since Crisis On Infinite Earths. 

I think I also know why it is so important to them to reboot Batman and why they can't use Nolan's version. The reason being is there just isn't enough development within the movies themselves yet for it to make sense. I think if they really wanted to they could build off the Nolan verse though comic books if that's what they wanted Batman to be. I mean, eventually the Nolanverse could be adapted to otherworldly aspects just like in due time in our world we may have encounters from beings of otherworldly origin. 

I ask you what is the one way that could be a guaranteed way to increase readership among comic and movie fans? A way to make the comics mandatory and the movie mandatory. What if they are going to make the Justice League film and ALL the new films we are seeing from GL to The Man Of Steel to the new Batman films part of the continuity? It's never been done before in the history of any of the major comic companies. But it's a sure fire way to make sure that this drastic move is the right way to go. I think that it would make the drastic changes bearable and most of all actually make sense to the long time readers. We could actually be apart of something incredible. 

And it would make me as a fan feel so much better in their direction. If this turns out to be true I will completely embrace the new DCU. It is something that will give the fans that hate previous films for their lack of characterization happy. It would broaden the readership in a sure fire way because people will have to read the books to know where the story is going although these movies may stand on there own just fine and for those that LOVE the movies it will make them want to see what happens next in the books and future movies.

What do you think? Can DC possibly be this brilliant? Can they possibly be this bold? Or is all this reboot debacle simply just doing it because they can? Nothing like this has ever been done in the history of comic books. There have been series that have continued from where TV Shows have left off. But not ones that build up to and then continue from where a movie franchise left off. 

I can only hope that I am right. The clues are there for this to be the case.

And if not. DAMN THE MAN, SAVE THE EMPIRE!

UP NEXT: Don't be ignorant to whats going on. "DON'T DROP THE BOOKS PART II". 


No comments:

Post a Comment